- ten days of fully self-made outfits (four days so far)
- ten days of at least two self-made garments (two days...)
- rest of time at least one item. (one...)
Day 1: (Two garments)
Skirt: New Look 6107 - yup, still going strong, still wearing it year-round.
Shirt: Simplicity 2447. Sleeveless version, not yet blogged.
Realised today that a black cardigan needs to go on the future project list.
Day 2. (Outfit! though still, technically just two garments...)
Trackies: True Bias Hudson Pants. And starting to look a just a wee bit "loved". Fine for comfy home days, but will be needing a replacement fairly soon for any comfy away days...
Top: Maria Denmark Kirsten Kimono Tee. Not yet blogged, but probably won't be tbh. (Although I did discover while making it that my overlocker can do a blind hem.)
Day 3. (One garment. Although 95% of the outfit...)
Jumpsuit: Style Arc Carly Jumpsuit. Not yet blogged. Gah - so far behind on the posted project front :/
Day 4: (Outfit. Again, two garments...)
Top: Style Arc Tammy Top.
Pants: Simplicity 1887.
Weather has been kind so far, but this may be the last of the summery shots...
Day 5: (Outfit. Two garments...)
Jumper: Beatnik jumper. My dear Old Faithful. Ravelry link here
Dress: Style Arc Jacinta Dress. For an intended summer dress, this really gets way too much winter air time...And boy, was it wintry today!
Day 6: (Two garments)
Jacket: Knit kimono drafted from existing RTW.
Top: Style Arc Rowe Top.
Unexpected home day today. Realised my me made wardrobe really does need more warm comfy wear. This was only wearable indoors - which you can kind of tell by the tense and huddled stance.
Day 7: (Outfit. Three items!)
There's really no excuse - only seven days in! - but I completely forgot to take a photo. But, to appease posterity:
Cardigan: Aidez. Ravelry link here.
Top: SBCC Tonic Tee.
Pants: Hudsons, as on Day 2.
Another unexpected home day. But much cosier today :)
It became evident early on that this year's pledge is somewhat problematic! Obviously, self-made outfits are the goal, but I don't know that phrasing it in numerical terms was the most useful way to go about it. A dress (or jumpsuit) is just one item, but it can be the whole outfit. And on three of my four full outfit days I was only wearing two self-made garments... I'll keep to it, but next year's pledge will require further thought.
I've already noted some specific gaps in the wardrobe:
- Cardigans or jackets: While I've built up my collection of summer basics, those alone aren't much good in cooler weather. On reflection, during the last two winters since I've been sewing for myself I've had two huge projects, the wedding and the school production, so really haven't got a great selection of cold weather layering gear. A few cardigans or jackets would be helpful.
- Singlets or tanks: Again, in order to layer for warmth, but in this case underneath!
- Comfy and warm home wear - it's only been a week, but oh! how I missed having a hoodie on hand! I do have a couple of patterns on hand, so this may have to scoot up the queue.
Are you participating in MMM this year? Have you pinpointed any gaps yet?